Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mister Wolf Mixtape #1

So I can feel through cyberspace all of you dying to know why my first posted mix below was titled Mixtape #2. It's because there is an earlier mix! Imagine that. Mister Wolf Mixtape #1 might unofficially be called "The Hits" because a lot of the tracks are or were, in fact, hits. Some of them, however, were not hits by any stretch of the imagination, but should have been in my opinion, which is why "The Hits" is in quotation marks. Further, some of the actual hits are songs I kinda hate (or secretly like), but I made sure to oddly juxtapose them for maximum ironic effect. This one was really an experiment to see how many ridiculously different genres I could get into an hour's worth of music. Enjoy and let me know what you think. 256 kbps 106 MB.


Download it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dq20bu (scroll down a bit on that page for the zip link).

Or stream it here:



Mister Wolf Mixtape #1

Sleeping Lessons//The Shins
Long Time (Bald Eagle Reheat)//Boston
American Boy (Featuring Kanye West)//Estelle
Love Has Come Around//Donald Byrne
Paris (Aeroplane Remix featuring Au Revoir Simone)//Friendly Fires
Don't Don't//Peter Gordon & Love Of Life Orchestra
Just Fine//Mary J. Blige
September//Earth Wind & Fire
Crash//Dave Matthews Band
Shake That Ass//Emenem
Stayin' Alive//Bee Gees
Shake Your Rump//Beastie Boys
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic//The Police
Tom Sawyer//Rush
Whatever You Like//T.I.
In Between Days//The Cure
Lazy Eye//Silversun Pickups
Cuts You Up//Peter Murphy
House of Jealous Men (Mister Wolf Mash)//Christina Aguilera Vs. The Rapture
Gravity's Rainbow (Soulwax Remix)//Klaxons
Luetin//Underworld
The Chain//Fleetwood Mac
The Scientist//Coldplay
A Change Is Gonna Come//Sam Cooke

2 comments:

  1. Far out, my man. Welcome to the world of blogging!

    Have you heard the Otis Redding version of Cook's "Change"? It's friggin' brilliant. I think this URL works (can't tell for sure b/c the youtube is blocked in my office):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqdNfAWkIng

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig the Mary J. Blige transition into Earth Wind and Fire. Kickass.

    ReplyDelete